Select from Wide Range of College/University
for your Master of Law Course
About Master of Law
The Regular LLM - Master of Legislative Laws program is your path to an in-depth exploration of legal studies. This article will dive into what an LLM entails and why it might be the perfect next step for your legal career.
- Course Duration - 2 Years
- Eligibility - Master of Law (LLM)
LLM, which stands for Master of Legislative Laws, is a postgraduate degree focusing on studying law in India. It is a two-year course designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the legal system in India, including its history, structure, and current developments. LLM degree covers many legal subjects, including constitutional, criminal, commercial, international, and human rights law. The primary objective of the LLM degree is to equip students with the knowledge and skills required to pursue a successful career in the legal profession. The course provides students with an in-depth understanding of the Indian legal system. It enables them to specialize in a particular area of law based on their interests and career goals. LLM is an ideal course for those passionate about the law and aspiring to become legal experts, lawyers, or judges. The course is also suitable for those who wish to pursue a career in academia or research.
Online degree you may be Interested in- Online BCA
Here are some key highlights for LLM Degree:
- Wide Range of Legal Subjects: The LLM course covers many legal subjects, including constitutional law, criminal law, commercial law, international law, and human rights law.
- Specialization Options: It enables students to specialize in a particular area of law based on their interests and career goals. Students can choose from various specialization options, such as Corporate Law, Intellectual Property Law, Environmental Law, and Human Rights Law.
- Internship Opportunities: The program provides students with opportunities to gain practical experience in the legal profession through internships with law firms, corporate legal departments, and government agencies.
- Research Opportunities: The LLM course allows students to undertake research projects and publish papers in leading legal journals. This enables students to develop their research skills and contribute to the development of the legal field.
- Career Prospects: LLM opens up a wide range of career opportunities in the legal profession, including roles as lawyers, legal consultants, judges, and legal academics. Graduates of the course are highly sought after by law firms, government agencies, and international organizations.
Aslo, Read- What to do after 12th: Arts, Commerce, Science
Here are the key points to keep in mind:
- Educational Qualification: To be eligible for LLM, you must have completed an undergraduate law (LLB) degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Entrance Exam: Many universities and schools for lawyers require candidates to take an entrance exam to be eligible for admission to the LLM course. Some of the standard entrance exams include CLAT (Common Law Admission Test), AILET (All India Law Entrance Test), BHU UET, and LSAT (Law School Admission Test).
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit to apply for LLM in India. However, some universities may have age limits (17 Years) for admission.
This postgraduate law program lasts two years. During this time, candidates are required to complete and pass their exams. For LAW students who want to take this course and concentrate on their studies, this program is great. This course will teach candidates many new things, as well as present them with fresh challenges. In this course, you can learn about our laws and policies.
The fee structure is different according to the university or college. Fees for the BA LLB Course start from 1 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs.
LLM in Human Rights
LLM in Law and Banking
LLM in Cyber Law
LLM in Labour Law
LLM in Intellectual Property Law
LLM in Education Law
LLM in Administrative Law
LLM in Real Estate Law
LLM in International Business and Commercial law
LLM in International Criminal Law and Security
Lawyers working for Government
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
Trilegal India, Khaitan & Co.
Anand & Anand.
Desai & Diwanji.
Luthra and Luthra.
Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan.
You might be looking for these universities