Select from Wide Range of College/University
for your Bachelor of Law (LLB) Course
About Bachelor of Law (LLB)
If you have a passion for the legal system and are interested in pursuing a career in law, a regular Bachelor's degree in Legislative Law (LLB) may be the right path for you.
- Course Duration - 3 Years
- Eligibility - Graduation with 45% Marks
LLB or Bachelor of Legislative Law is an undergraduate law degree program in India. LLB course duration is three-year, and the course is primarily designed to educate and train students in various aspects of law and order. LLB is considered one of the essential professional courses and attracts many students yearly who aspire to pursue a career in law. The LLB course curriculum is designed to give students a deep understanding of legal concepts and principles and the practical application of law in society. Central themes typically include contract, criminal, constitutional, property, and family law. Other critical areas of study include legal research, legal writing and drafting, and advocacy skills.
If you're considering pursuing this course, here are some of the key highlights that you can look forward to:
- Comprehensive Curriculum: LLB 3 years is an intensive course that covers a wide range of topics such as Contracts, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Family Law, Business Law, and more. It provides a thorough understanding of the legal system, legal procedures, and case studies that prepare you for a career in law.
- Practical Learning: Along with theoretical knowledge, an LLB degree provides practical training that includes moot court competitions, client interviewing, advocacy exercises, and legal research projects.
- Career Opportunities: A degree in LLB after graduation can open up many career paths, such as corporate law, litigation, civil services, legal journalism, legal consulting, and more. LLB graduates can explore various career options in the legal field.
- Specialization Options: LLB offers specialization options in various areas such as Business Law, Criminal Law, Intellectual Property Law, Human Rights Law, and more. These specializations provide you with expertise in your chosen field and enhance your career prospects.
Online Course you may be Interested in - Online MA
Here is a breakdown of the eligibility criteria for pursuing this course:
- Education Qualification: Candidates must hold a Bachelor's degree from a recognized university in any stream. The minimum percentage required may vary depending upon the university or college, typically 45 to 50%.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for pursuing LLB; however, many colleges and universities have age restrictions, ranging from 20 to 30 years.
- Entrance Exam: Most colleges and universities require the candidate to clear an Entrance Exam to secure admission to LLB. The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), CLAT, The All India Law Entrance Test (AILET), and AP LAW SET are India's two most popular entrance exams for admission to LLB.
- Reservation: There is the reservation of seats in LLB for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS).
This program lasts 3 years and 6 semesters. Candidates must finish and clear their exams during this time. This is an excellent program for LAW students to do this course and focus on their studies. Candidates will learn a lot of new things in this course, as well as encounter new difficulties. You may learn about our rules and Laws in this course.
The fee structure is different according to the university or college. Fees for the BA LLB Course start from 2 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs.
Corporate Law and Governance
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
Trilegal India, Khaitan & Co.
Anand & Anand.
Desai & Diwanji.
Luthra and Luthra.
Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan.
You might be looking for these universities